Team USA/Stay-Focused Alumni
After 11 days of intense completion, the Paralympic Games have concluded. Overall, Team USA collected 115 medals, the most successful performance in recent history. Below are highlights of the incredible performances from Stay-Focused alumni.
- The United States women’s wheelchair basketball team, led by Gail Gaeng, Rose Hollermann, and Jenn Poist defeated former Paralympic Champion, Germany, 62-45 to win the Gold medal.
- On the track, Tatyana McFadden, Amanda McGrory, and Chelsea McClammer, “Mcswept” the podium in the 1,500- and 5,000-meter finals. McFadden and McGrory also took home a silver and bronze medal, respectively, in the Marathon.
- In a sprint finish with the top 8 women, Susannah Scaroni had a strong showing in the marathon, finishing the race at 1:38:47.
- Hannah McFadden made her presence known by nabbing a 4th place finish in a very fast 100-meter race.
- In one of the closest races throughout the competition, Brian Siemann took 4th place by .02 in the 800-meter final.
- In an exciting sprint finish of 11-men fighting for bronze in the Marathon, Aaron Pike finished with a time of 1:30:13.
We are so incredibly proud of our alumni for their performances throughout the Rio Paralympic Games. Their efforts are a testament to the work and time they have dedicated to performing at the highest level possible. Go Team USA!
Road To Rio
Roger Muller caught up with Stay-Focused alumni/BMW-sponsored, Paralympic athletes, Aaron Pike, Tatyana McFadden, and Chelsea McClammer at the Team USA Road to Rio Tour 100 Days Out! in Times Square on Wednesday, April 27, 2016. Having just arrived in NYC on Monday night from London, where all three competed in the London Marathon on Sunday, April 24, it was a busy day of events, interviews, and lots of photos. It’s actually 133 days out for our athletes who are all looking forward to September. And all of us at Stay-Focused are wishing them all the very best!
In the photo, left to right: Aaron Pike, Roger Muller, Tatyana McFadden, Chelsea McClammer
Join@TeamUSA on the #RoadToRio!
RYAN CHALMERS COMPLETES MYERS-BRIGGS TYPE INDICATOR (MBTI) CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a well-recognized and widely used personality assessment instrument. The purpose of the MBTI is to make the psychological types described by C. G. Jung understandable and useful in people’s lives. As part of the Stay-Focused Leadership Development curriculum, we have used the MBTI with our mentors, to facilitate their understanding of their individual preferences, and to assist them in working effectively as part of a team.
We are delighted Ryan Chalmers, one of our senior mentors, expressed interest in becoming certified as a Practitioner of the MBTI, and congratulate Ryan on successfully completing his training in New York City on March 17, 2016.